Are you tired of those clichéd “do this and you’ll be happy” lists?
So are we. Like, duh. We all know about eating well (89% of us do, at least), catching up on beauty sleep, and having a blast with our buddies bring happiness. But that’s pretty basic.
Being the curious cats (admittedly, some *cough* most *cough* of us are Team Woof, but shhh!) that we are, we took matters into our own hands and got over 1000 Pulsers to spill the tea on their not-so-basic happiness boosters.
Hold up, though. We’ve got to drop a little disclaimer. We can’t guarantee you’ll find the key to eternal bliss (because who has that?!) in this list, but we’re willing to bet there are some gems that’ll leave you thinking, “Why didn’t I think of that before?”.
- Hit shuffle on your playlist, and rediscover the songs you used to love. Whether it’s the throwback jams from your teenage years, the tunes that defined your road trips, or those hidden gems that made you dance around your room like nobody was watching, they’re all here, waiting for you!
- Be a tourist in your own city. Over 45% have never been a tourist in their own city, and it’s time to change that. List all those places you’ve always wanted to visit but never had the chance: museums, parks, historical landmarks, quirky shops. And don’t forget about the classic touristy stuff too – because they’re popular for a reason!
- Leave a friendly note somewhere for someone to find, and imagine how you will brighten that person’s day. Think about it – a small gesture such as a few kind words can turn someone’s ordinary day into something extraordinary. Who knows, your thoughtful note might be just what they needed to uplift their spirits and put a big, beaming smile on their face.
- Bounce on a trampoline, and you will smile in less than a minute. 1 in 4 Pulsers have visited a trampoline park and loved every second, while 1 in 3 are eager to go. So why wait any longer? Embrace your inner child and have some high-flying excitement.
- Create some art. And don’t worry if you think you’re not the next Picasso – it’s all about the joy of creating something uniquely yours, so grab some pens, paint, clay (or whatever you have to hand) and start translating your thoughts and emotions into visual form.
- Pet a dog. 70% of Pulsers have been known to go out of their way to interact with these furry bundles of joy when running errands. And that’s great, but don’t forget your doggy etiquette and checking in to ensure the doggo and their owner are comfortable with the interaction.
- Sip on a bubble tea. 93% (aka nearly all) of bubble tea drinkers find pure happiness in every sip. Pulser-approved recommendations include brown sugar milk tea, matcha with extra tapioca and passion fruit with coconut jelly. Yum!
- Go and jump in some puddles. 55% of Pulsers often get the urge to relive the joy of splashing in puddles as an adult. So the next time the heavens open up, we say channel your inner puddle-jumping superhero and SPLASH… Wellies are optional!
- Walk along the beach or grass with no shoes on. 43% of those who often walk barefoot cite doing so positively impacts their mood and mental well-being. Oh, the simple pleasures of life, huh?
- Answer Pulses. We’re not just about the hard-hitting headlines or influencing brands – we’re also about providing a little escape! Life can get overwhelming, but we’ve got your back. When you’re feeling a little “meh,” just dive into your Pulse feed, and you’ll discover something bound to make you smile.
And if this list doesn’t have the power to make you embrace the little things in life that brings moments of happiness, we hope these wise words of this Pulser will…
If you feel down, please remember there’s someone out there fighting with Ikea’s Pax wardrobe…Pulser, July 2023